Thursday, August 23, 2012

Raining Hellfire and Explosions!

This morning I received a fall from our tech at the office. Nearly frantic, I had him stop and tell me what was going on. I told him to relax and it was out of his hands now.

I was calm, didn't get excited at all and tried calling one of my techs, no answer.

So I finished getting ready and made a remote connection to the site. All seemed well but some critical tools would not run.

I called the customer, rebooted the server, and drove to the office.

When I arrived at the office I had the customer reboot their computer and they were back in business. Less than and hour from first call from the customer to resolution.

I remoted in again and found a critical setting incorrect and fixed it.

At no time did I freak out or get nervous.

I am very proud of myself for this morning's emergency.

Now, if I could just find that blonde I was talking to in my dream before the alarm rudely interrupted me.