Thursday, August 23, 2012

Everything is what you make of it

I've been a member of many organizations over the years. What has it got me?

Friends
Associates
Enemies
Etc.

Have any of the memberships equaled happiness or success?

No.

Why?

Answer: They're not suppsed to.


Any organization you join is for one purpose: To meet like minded people.

Any lessons or structure they have in place for you to improve yourself is exactly that, for YOU to improve YOURSELF.

You can teach a man to fish, but you can't make him get his ass off the couch. Nobody can make you do anything. You always have 51% of the vote.

You don't even have to eat or go to work, those are choices, however you do need to accept the end results of those choices.

People are perfectly happy with doing nothing.

Decide for yourself if you are in something for yourself or the sake of the organization. If it's the latter, you need to realize what is important to you.

It's nobody's decision but your own if you are given a path to success (that has worked for one or many people) and choose to follow it or choose to blaze your own trail.

I've seen my own trail for ages and let people tell me I am wrong. How can I be wrong about what I choose that is right for me? I know the consequences of my actions and decisions as much as the people that are telling me I am wrong.

So whether I am singing to the heavens or damming someone to the pits of their own endless hell, I'm going to strive to blaze my own path, and for that, I am right.

If I am dressing in a way that makes me feel happy, then understand I'm doing it so that I feel happy.

If you don't agree with me freeing my inner voice and going my own way, then you need to look within yourself and ask why you are afraid of being yourself.

I understand, I've been there, and am trying to walk away.