Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Before the Bucket" List

I've got ages before I have to worry about a bucket list, so these are the things I'd love to learn how to do:

Make Sushi (and not make anyone sick)

Learn to play the piano

Learn how to ballroom dance

Learn how to properly use my expensive Paul Chen Shinto katana



So, why haven't I done any of these things? It's not a lack of resources, it's the fact that starting something new like that makes me hesitant due to shyness and the strangeness of starting something new.

Also, whenever I have gotten involved in new social groups, I end up meeting someone that seems interested, most of the time the wrong person, having to end the relationship early, and then going back around that group being awkward. 

I think if I begin these classes (new adventures) I need to place a 30 day moratorium on dating anyone from that venture. That way I have time to establish myself and my interest.