Friday, September 14, 2012

Bear with me

People have told me over the years that I have bear medicine.

I look at other people that I ascribe to have bear medicine. I compare myself to them as they are loving nurturing never have any doubt about going out of their way to help someone and I compare that to myself and feel woefully inadequate of that claim.

Perhaps what I need to do is embrace the bear as they have and then those qualities I admire in the other people I would then be allowed to see them within myself as others have.

I had the rare opportunity to hang out with some friends I don't usually get to visit with except for online last night. Their childlike spirit and antics reminded me very much of a more carefree time of my life and I appreciate them for this.

There are mirrors hung everywhere for us to see. Not only are they all the walls but they are in the faces and eyes of those around us and those that care about us. All we have to do is open her eyes and see and look at these mirrors and we will be able to find we're looking for.

As I was transcribing this on my phone a crow or raven flew by my window.

As I begin this journey that comprises the bulk of my vacation and the bulk of the reason I came to the Pacific Northwest I will have the fortunate presence of a brother that fully embodies at least in my mind what it means to have bear medicine.

When I am at home I do feel alone a lot of times and now it seems silly that with just a simple plane ride I can be around some of the most cherished people in my life and all it takes is little money so I'm going to try to remember this when I go out shopping for needless things and going out to nice restaurants when I could buy the food and make it at home that all the money I save could easily be put aside for a weekend trip very easily.