Monday, October 8, 2012

I woke last night to the sound of thunder How far off I sat and wondered



The nights are always the hardest after a great evening.

You walk upstairs and see that empty spot on the opposite side of the bed and think about what choices brought you to the position of going to bed alone.

Then you think about those that would have gladly filled that spot, but that (probably) wouldn't have fit into your life.

You wonder, am I here at this spot by choice, or is this a curse I just haven't been able to shake?

You wonder, does everyone else have it so good or so easy? Or do they just cope and accept varying levels of "happy." Or perhaps they are not happy, they are just "together."

"Together" might be an excuse to not be alone.

I woke up with the title of this post in my head for some reason. It's somewhat metaphoric depending on whether thunder could be seen as a good or bad thing. How far away is what I am seeking, or how far off is trouble and how soon should I expect it to come knocking?

I guess it doesn't help that what I'm looking for changes in increments as the days go by and finding someone that shares all those interests is exceedingly difficult.

Sometimes I wonder.

Strange how the night moves
With autumn closing in