Tuesday, November 26, 2013

I wish you a Bear-y Christmas

I wasn't going to tell this story, but I feel I should share this good medicine.






Last night as I lay down to sleep, I thought about my Grandmother and how I never really let her go or said goodbye.

I had a long talk with my memories of her, thanked her for many things and then told her it was ok to go, that I would be fine.



All of a sudden, I felt Bear (the Great Bear Spirit) wrap her arms around me gently and kindly. I could see her arms and claws as if they were mine.



She turned me to my memories of Christmas with my Grandmother and all the good times that were had, and all the memories of the Christmas holidays. The family, the presents, the cooking, the great feelings of joy I had as a child at this time of the year. I saw the background of it all as a snowy mountain area with a gigantic Christmas tree of swirling lights.




All these lights were a joyful memory and I felt myself as this tree of joy with all of this life flowing within it.





As I came back to my bedroom, I could still feel Grandmother Bear's arms around me, as I still do now.