Thursday, September 6, 2012

You Catch a Pearl and Ride the Dragon's Wings

While in the midst of chaos today, this song came on the radio. After tonight's events, it reminds me that I need to learn to pay attention more to signs. I'm usually really good about this.




If you notice I edited the last blog entry, I did. Never again.


After al the chaos of today with banks and chasing down debit cards, I was on my way to a dinner and conversation.

I blinked only for a moment and the entire world disappeared.

A man stood there holding a pipe, he thrust it at me and as I drew in the sacred smoke, a painful shock wracked my body and a calm came over me along with a feeling of shame of how I had acted today.

I realized I had fed the wrong wolf.






When I arrived home and checked the mail, I found the below package had been delivered. I never requested anything from this organization and they are asking for money for a mission that assists Lakota children growing up on reservations. They are asking for very little, so I will send them what they have asked.

I saw the label which had a dream catcher on it and felt the package. I stumbled as I walked to the apartment, tears caught in my throat, knowing this was a foundational moment.
 
 
 
I opened the package and stared in amazement at what had been sent and that it was from a Lakota foundation after I had just received a pipe vision only a few hours earlier.
 
 
 
There are many things I do not know. Some things I do know are how to treat people. Today was an exception. the point was that I realized it even though I failed greatly at the time, now apologies must be made.
 
I'm not going to allow myself to be abused in any form. I respect myself more than that.