Wednesday, September 12, 2012

To weave our dreams upon and listen to each evening When the lights are low

For years I have not loved myself.

I know that's hard to believe for some. I can put on a pretty face and have moments of joy, but secretly in the back of my mind, I'm always worried if I'm doing the right thing to make people happy.






I'm standing on the edge of a cliff, afraid to fly because something in me believes if someone says I can't fly, even while airborne, I will fall to my death.

I've been told for years now:

I need to take my place as a teacher

I need to open my Native Medicine Circle work to those that need it

I need to open my energy healing services to the public

I need to open my mediumship gifts to those that request them






Doing this terrifies me.

Why? Because so much of it can be seen as unsubstantiated. I'm used to dealing with facts.

I guess if I have something someone wants to learn, I am a teacher

I guess if someone is interested in Medicine Circle work, then feeding their interest with what I know fulfills that desire.

I guess if someone desires energy healing, then feels better or more relaxed afterwards, then success in achieved

I guess if someone comes for mediumship and I tell them what they need to know that I could not have known, and they are satisfied, then they have been blessed


So I guess I have no excuses and nothing to fear, and if someone that hasn't experienced these gifts I have validated many times over the years, then they can't be taken seriously in their affront.


The other issue here is money.



I have worked hard to attain a great job and a very good salary, so money isn't an issue. Therefore, I would not be doing any of this to sustain my way of life.

However, some do.

Whenever I talk about doing these things, someone asks about money, especially those that charge for their services.

If you want to charge for these services or ask a suggested "love donation" that's perfectly fine with me. I encourage it and fully support your right to be an entrepreneur in this sense.

I have a reader that I love visiting with and value her time and insight. I have no problem paying for her time. Conversely, if she ever needed anything from me, I wouldn't charge her a dime. Why? Because 1. I don't need it and 2. it's my pleasure to serve someone I respect.

Possibly, to satisfy everyone, I can set out a love donation box and people can place whatever they wish in there, and I'll take %50 out for candles, water, herbs, etc. and spend it at locally owned businesses to reimburse for supplies and then take %50 and buy canned goods and donate them to somewhere collecting for the food bank like the local Equality Center.

If anyone comes to me that has been using someone else's services just for the price difference, I am going to refer them back to their previous source.


Last issue is one of impropriety.

To avoid rumors and problems, I'm stating it publicly that I'm not going to be interested in dating anyone that comes to me for any of these services. It's just that simple. It's too much of a conflict of interest and just bad news.



Ok, so it looks like I've talked all my excuses into a corner. I guess I should open myself to all this being a reality after I return from vacation.


Oh yah, the song: