Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Walking around in just a sheet

Dream journeys are weird things. They can be inspired by many things.

To borrow from Dickens "You may be an undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato."

When I fell back to sleep this morning, I was on a city street, shops lining the walk, and overpass nearby. I could see the blades of grass shooting out of the concrete here and there,  thus telling me this area wasn't a well kept part of town. I had no fear, just curiosity and oddly enough, I was just wrapped in my bedsheets.

A guy walked up and offered me some clothes, but I told him I was fine and since I wasn't sure where I was, I would be ok since I had an alarm set for 8am. At that moment, I knew it was a dream, however everything was so tangible with sights and smells there was still a bit of uncertainty.

The scene clicked and changed. I was in someone's house, felt it was mine at one time and people were working on redoing a room.

I saw someone walk into the bathroom and I followed them. They got into the shower and oddly enough, they didn't see me. I did notice I was floating now, whereas before out in the street, my feet were solidly on the pavement.

I stepped in the shower and although I saw silhouettes against the curtain, there was nobody there. Then I realized there was blood all over the inside of the tub and curtain.

I floated out and into the room I came from, and one workman saw me and told me they were restructuring that room to add in a hot tub. I was amazed he could see me when nobody else seemed to be able to.

The phone rang and I awoke.

Plausible source for the dreams: I watched the first few episodes of "Being Human" yesterday. The finding yourself walking around naked in a strange area naked was something that happened to the werewolf  character, the tub with blood was a scene with the vampire character, and being "ghost-like" yup, you guessed it, the ghost character.

So, did I share pieces of their world, or was it just a fun ride?

Like the number of licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop, perhaps the world will never know.